For Immigrants

Tweet this Share this on Facebook

Para información en Español: Para Inmigrantes para adultos y Para Inmigrantes para jovenes.

Health Rights & Resources for Immigrants

People in California have the right to free or low-cost reproductive health care if you can’t afford it on your own. This includes immigrants, regardless of immigration status.

If you need a pregnancy test, prenatal care, testing or treatment for a sexually transmitted infection or HIV, birth control, or an abortion, several programs can help pay for care, such as Family PACT and Medi-Cal programs. These services are confidential.

These programs determine eligibility based on how much money you make. You will need to show that you live in California. You can show your utility bill, for example, to prove that you live in the state. You will also need to show proof of your identity, but there are many ways you can prove your identity, such as a foreign passport or ID card, birth or baptism certificate, municipal ID, or any card with your name and photo such as a driver’s license, school ID, or work badge.

Remember, regardless of your immigration status you have rights and you have resources.

For questions about health care services in California call the ACCESS Healthline800-376-4636 (Español: 888-442-2237).

For questions related to your immigration status or other rights as an immigrant, call the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)