Know Your Rights
Here in California we have some of the strongest laws in the country that guarantee your rights to reproductive and sexual health care. A number of programs can help you pay for care if you can’t afford it. If you think you might be pregnant, knowing your rights can help you get the care you need. You—and only you—can decide whether and when to have a baby. California law protects your right to make this important decision for yourself.
You Have Rights:
- You have the right to get the truth about all your sexual and reproductive health care options.
- You have the right to make your own decisions about sex.
- You have the right to decide what you want to do if you’re pregnant.
- You can get free or low-cost care in California if you can’t afford to pay for it.
- You have the right to confidential tests and treatment for STIs and HIV.
- Abortion and birth control are legal in California.
- You don’t need anyone’s permission to have an abortion, have a baby or get birth control.
- You have the right to confidential reproductive health care
This website is all about your rights to reproductive and sexual health care, how to find honest, affordable, and confidential help, and where to go for more information. Here you can find a full list of resources and programs to help you find and pay for health care services.